Planning a holiday at any time of year is exciting but around Christmas time it is even more magical as there are some brilliant places to visit. More people than ever before are choosing to get away at Christmas time and depending on what you are looking will determine the destination. Although organising flights, accommodation at Heathrow Airport Hotels and Heathrow Airport Parking can be stressful, a great time can be had by all. Below is our pick of the top five Christmas break destinations for this year:
1. If you really want to escape the cold winter months then you might choose to go as far as Australia to enjoy their summer. You are guaranteed a hot break with beautiful weather, friendly people and amazing scenery. If you fancy spending Christmas day on the beach enjoying a barbeque rather than huddled around a fire place then this might be the ideal location for you.
2. To celebrate Christmas in a more traditional way then think about visiting Germany at this time of year is perfect as the Germans loveChristmas time. There is plenty happening on the run up to Christmas with al lot of the big towns having Christmas markets and events, where you can wander around and enjoy the Christmas spirit. The weather also feels more like Christmas as it is likely to snow whilst you are there.
3. For those with young Children and those looking for something magical, then a trip to Finland is essential. You are guaranteed a whiteChristmas at this destination and it is made complete with the reindeer, a visit to Santa and his helpers. You can also enjoy the winter sports of skiing and sledging before curling up in front of a roaring fire in a nice warm log cabin.
4. The US is another top destination for a Christmas break; especially New York where the shopping and atmosphere is amazing. If you want something warmer then you can head for the coast and enjoy Christmas in the sun. Or you can enjoy Christmas at Disney where you are guaranteed an amazing time with Mickey and all of his friends. There is something for everyone in the US and deciding which part to visit will be the challenge.
5. Finally there is Paris, which is an amazing place at any time of year but at Christmas it is light-filled, festive and is the ideal place to spend a romantic Christmas break. You can enjoy wandering through the streets and soaking up the Christmas atmosphere amongst the people and spending quality time with your partner away from all of the fuss.
Where ever you decided to spend Christmas you will have a fantastic time and you will love every minute of it. From romantic breaks to long hot days there is something for everyone and it shows you don't have to have a traditional Christmas to have an incredible time.