by Musa Aykac
You may be worried about how you are going to maintain your weight over the holiday period and this article contains plenty of tips to help you do that. Many people tend to put on a lot of weight over the Christmas period. Even though it is recommended that you have fun and enjoy this time of year, it is not great when you have to spend the rest of the year trying to lose the weight that you have piled on in just a short period of time. The following tips are a fantastic way for you to make sure you keep the pounds off this Christmas.
- You may be thinking about drinking some alcohol during the festivities so it would be a good idea to remember that a lot of alcohol contains empty calories. Drinks like beer and cider and calorie loaded and so are mixers like coke. Try low calorie options and if you like to have a drink always in your hand you can choose water.
- In order to have a good time when you are out, you do not have to eat until you make yourself feel ill. Stuffing yourself until you feel sick is not a good idea; it is much better to eat less and enjoy it. Going out for a nice walk in the outdoors is the best way to actually treat yourself.
- It is a good idea to try to keep your exercise regime going during the holiday period. This is a common mistake and it can take months to get back on track again. You can reduce the intensity and miss a day or two, but make sure that this doesn't extend into weeks.
- At a party it would be a good idea to find someone else who is also watching their weight. If you stick together then you can both offer each other support and you won't feel like the odd one out for not stuffing yourself.
- Keep reminding yourself how good you will feel if you make it into the new year without piling on the pounds.
About the Author:
There is no better site on the web when it comes to helping you lose weight than Tony Ferguson.